" Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD."
Our God is the omnipotent God that does as He pleases, no one can question or query Him for His actions. He owns both heavens and the earth and all that are in them (Psalm 24).
By the word of His mouth were the heavens made and all of the host of them by the breath of His mouth (Psalm 33:6). His power and wisdom no one can fathom! He is a supreme and sovereign God that can promote and demote, He has the power to kill and make alive. He can raise the poor up and bring down the rich. He is the God that can make the poor to sit among the princes. In fact, our God is full of doing the unimaginable- He brought out water from the rock (Psalm 105:41), He brought money out of the mouth of a fish ( Matt 17: 27), He parted the Red sea and made the children of Israel to walk on dry land (Exodus 14).
Our God is the greatest Mathematician that can multiply five loaves of bread and two fishes to feed 5,000 men! All glory, honour and adoration to His name forever.
When the scripture admo ish God's children to fear the lord, the scripture is not saying we should dread the Lord or be afraid of Him. Rather we are to love, respect, cherish, honour and obey our God in humble adoration.
Living in the fear of the Lord means that you will not do what would make Him to be angry or upset. When you fear the Lord you would want to obey and keep all His commandments and follow His precepts to the letter.
When you live in the fear of the Lord you would always want to be on His presence knowing fully well that He's your all in all that can vindicate you from all afflictions.
Living in the fear of God is to your benefit. When you reference God and respects Him, there are blessings accrued to people who live in the fear of God that you would benefit from- you will enjoy God's everlasting love (P's 103:17) when God loves you, He would do everything to make you happy and protected.
Another benefit is that God will make abundant provision for you, and you will lack nothing (Ps 34: 9). When you fear the Lord there will always be food on your table. You will always have enough to eat (111:5).
Another benefit of living in the fear of God can be found in Proverbs 14: 26- you will have a secure fortress in God, and your children will enjoy God as their refuge.
Our anchor text outline other benefit of a man or a woman that fears the Lord these are:
- The fear of the Lord will make you a blessing to your spouse and children. Your family will flourish without lacking anything. Your children will excel
- You will eat the fruit of your labour, that is no wasted effort in all your endeavours.
- Blessing and prosperity will be yours.
Living in the fear of God has endless list of benefits. Below are more benefits of living in the fear of God.
1) For divine instruction - Ps 25:12
2) You will spend your days in prosperity and your descendants will inherit the land - Ps 25:13
3) Enjoy the goodness of God - Ps 31: 19
4) Divine Protection - Ps 31: 20
5) Divine Revelation - Ps 25:14
6) Abundant life - Prov 14:27, 19:23
7) Divine satisfaction - Prov 15: 16
8) Divine Confidence - Prov 14:26
9) God's Compassion - Ps 103: 13
10) Divine wisdom - Prov 1:7,9: 10
11) Power to live above sin - Prov 8: 13
12) Life of integrity and faithfulness - Job 2:3
13) The Lord will delight in you - Ps 147:11
In fact! BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO FEARS THE LORD. Live in the fear of God and reference Him al all times so that you can partake of God's unending blessing for these that live fear Him. PEACE!
Image: Google Image